Instagram

Monday 4 February 2013

Pain au Chocolat.

Cheltenham. 
 Now Cheltenham is, without a doubt, a pain au chocolat location.  Swansea, on the other hand, is not.  
I live in Swansea, but have been seduced by Cheltenham. 

My son is at university in Cheltenham and I have just returned from a weekend, bearing gifts of fish pie, forgotten clothes and chocolate brownies.  Somehow, I don't think student budgets are made for Cheltenham.  Or mine.

I left Swansea with a pink wheelie bag.  I returned with a wad of debit card receipts and some very nice bags, full of things I never knew I needed!  Bags with ribbon handles and tissue paper. Feel good bags.

But now, a day later and bags unpacked, I am working on some lavender owls and the fragrant smell of lavender is wafting around beautifully. Hopefully it will distract me from the irritation of a parcel that appears to have gone missing somewhere between Swansea and Surrey.  Where do these parcels go?  

Jemima the-duck was posted, first class, a week ago.  Now, I would have expected first class to arrive within a week, but the very helpful man at Caterham sorting office informed me that I shouldn't worry until two weeks have passed.  TWO WEEKS!!!  So, Jemima is lost in transit, somewhere in Royal Mail's capable hands.  When Royal Mail works, it is fantastic, but tracking missing items...I've never had a parcel remain in transit this long before.
                                                              Jemima, lost in transit. 
                                    http://folksy.com/items/3980774-Duck-doorstop-Jemima-


                               But on a more cheerful note, this is Henry, a tweed doggy doorstop.  
                  Very tactile.  There's something very comforting about tweed on a gloomy winter's day.  

                                   http://folksy.com/items/4088078-Dog-doorstop-Henry-








1 comment: