Instagram

Monday 24 December 2012

Twas the night before Christmas...

 Christmas Eve, and I am wallowing in nostalgia over a photo box and memories of Christmas past. 
 On a top branch of the tree is a blue glittery eggshell that Josh made in nursery - he is now twenty - and a stocking made by my great aunt Carol more than forty years ago hangs on my living room door.
 Me 'n' Santa, early/mid 70's.  I still had a very tight hold of my mum's hand in this photo!

My now adult son is out with fifteen of his closest friends while I am home alone. Home alone with two snoozing cats and a plate of goats cheese and chilli jam...oh, my goodness, how much do I love goats cheese!!!

The lights on the Christmas tree are twinkling, presents are wrapped and Bethlehem is on the news - a very different Bethlehem to the Bethlehem I remember from the 1980's.  Then, it was still possible to clamber down the hills from a  Jerusalem kibbutz and in to Bethlehem, without need of a passport. 

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment